Τρίτη 29 Νοεμβρίου 2011

Reuters: Οι καλύτερες φωτογραφίες του 2011



WARNING: SOME IMAGES CONTAIN GRAPHIC CONTENT OR NUDITY From the uprisings across the Arab world to the devastating earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disaster in Japan, there was no lack of news in 2011. Reuters photographers covered the breaking news events as well as captured more intimate, personal stories. In this showcase, the photographers offer a behind the scenes account of the images that helped define the year. 100 PHOTOS
Main Image
1 of 100 | GORAN TOMASEVIC, Egypt

“I was in south Sudan covering the referendum when I found out that there were going to be protests in Egypt. I felt that there could be big troubles, so I returned to Egypt. I arrived at 8am and dropped my bags at home and then went to the office. Later in the afternoon clashes began in Cairo. People were shouting and the police came out on the streets. There were protesters, riot police and also plainclothes police. The plainclothes police started chasing people around: kicking them, beating them. I had to shoot quickly. I saw a lot of plainclothes police standing in a line like soldiers. There were some street battles with civilians. The next day we knew it was going to be a big protest so I took my camera downtown to look for possible trouble. We went to a couple of neighborhoods but people were walking through the small streets heading towards the city center. One moment we witnessed some clashes. Police started to fight and the protesters fought back.”

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, lens 160mm, f5.6, 1/250, ISO 400

Caption: A protester stands in front of a burning barricade during a demonstration in Cairo January 28, 2011. REUTERS/Goran Tomasevic

Click here for a related slideshow

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου